The winter season is a time when it’s nice to indulge in holiday treats and goodies that don’t completely wreck your healthy living goals. If you’re looking for somewhat healthy treat ideas that don’t require you to spend time baking, the good news is that they exist! Here are my favorite no-bake treats for winter. They’re quick and easy to make and provide just the right amount of sweetness while still fitting in with my paleo living goals.
No-Bake Almond Delight Cookies
If you love Almond Joys but haven’t had them in a while because they are far from paleo, here is my favorite homemade version for you to try. The delicious almond flavor comes from almond flour and almond extract. Adding shredded unsweetened coconut and coconut butter lends an incredible coconut flavor that makes these cookies to die for. Here’s how to make them.
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/3 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well until combined.
- Using a spoon or your hands, form batter into 1.5-inch balls and place on a baking sheet (with wax paper).
- Flatten the balls with your hand.
- Put batter into the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour before serving.
You can also use sweetened shredded coconut if you don’t mind the recipe being a little less paleo-friendly. It is the holiday season, after all!
Chocolate Paleo No-Bake Cookies
Are you in the mood for chocolate bliss? You’ll love how decadent this recipe is and how easy it is to make.
- 1 1/3 cups dark chocolate chips (make sure they are at least 70% cacao)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup salted cashews (or another nut of your choice)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, almond butter, coconut oil, and honey and stir over low heat until ingredients are melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in coconut flakes, nuts, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Drop the batter on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet in small spoonfuls.
- Put the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow cookies to harden.
And there you have it! You can store these cookies in an air-tight container in the refrigerator (if there are any left to store!)
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Now that you have a couple of great no-bake cookie recipes to try, consider adding this mouthwatering Paleo Chocolate Mousse recipe to your list of holiday desserts. Follow these user-friendly instructions and you’ll be enjoying chocolatey goodness in no time.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 can coconut cream (5.4 oz)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbs. cacao powder (at least 70% cacao), divided
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh berries
- ¼ cup granulated monk fruit (or granulated stevia)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Whipped cream (for serving)
- Whip the coconut cream in a food processor until fluffy and light.
- Add the peeled and seeded avocado and puree until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes.
- Spoon small servings into dessert bowls and serve topped with berries and whipped cream.
This dairy-free recipe tastes extremely indulgent but is paleo-friendly. It’s my go-to dessert when I have a serious sweet tooth and very little time to make something.
What are you waiting for? Give one or more of these recipes a try today and see if you like them as much as I do!