As the winter chill sets in, there’s nothing quite like a comforting, hearty meal to keep you warm and energized.
Whether you’re craving a creamy stew, a satisfying soup, or a flavorful casserole, there are plenty of keto friendly options to choose from!
Here’s a fan favorite in our household!
A delightful winter paleo-friendly recipe that will not only warm you up but also keep you feeling energized and satisfied!
Creamy Chicken and Leek Stew
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the sliced leeks and minced garlic. Sauté until the leeks are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pot. Add the dried thyme and season with additional salt and black pepper if needed.
- Bring the stew to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
This creamy chicken and leek stew is a soul-warming dish that’s perfect for those cold winter nights. We usually make a BIG batch to eat throughout the week!
The combination of tender chicken, fragrant leeks, and luscious coconut milk creates a rich and satisfying meal that will leave you feeling nourished and revitalized.
Plus, it’s packed with protein and healthy fats to keep your energy levels stable throughout the evening.
Let us know what you think!