Many people claim that a paleo diet is challenging and that the recipes are too complex or flavorless. However, there is just as much variety in a paleo diet as any other, and to help you find the flavor, you can check out these three three-ingredient favorites.
1. Three-Ingredient Whole Chicken
If you are looking for an easy paleo dinner that you can get ready in the morning and have it ready to eat by the time you get home from work, look no further than this three-ingredient recipe for a whole chicken. For this recipe, you will need a slow cooker that can fit a three-to-five-pound whole chicken.
- 3 to 5 lbs. whole roasting chicken
- Olive oil
- Spices (optional)
- Remove the whole chicken from its packaging and pull out the innards. Cut off excess fat, rinse, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken with the breast side down in the slow cooker.
- If you wish, drizzle olive oil over the bird. Then, rub salt and your choice of spices over it for seasoning.
- Turn the slow cooker to the low setting, and let it cook for six to seven hours, depending on the size of your chicken.
2. Cajun Cod
One of the healthiest foods to eat on a paleo diet is fish. Cod is one of the most economical choices when it comes to seafood, and it is delicious. This three-ingredient recipe is excellent for a quick meal and requires minimal effort or expertise.
- Wild-caught Pacific Cod fillet
- Cajun seasoning
- Pressed coconut oil
- Using a cast-iron skillet or large frying pan, heat two tablespoons of coconut oil. Place the pan over medium heat.
- Coat the cod fillet with the Cajun seasoning. Carefully place the fillets in the pan. Allow the fillet to gently fall into the pan away from you to prevent burns and splashing.
- Cook the first side for two to three minutes before flipping. Once flipped, allow the fish to cook for another two to three minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the fish to sit for another two to three minutes. Serve.
- If you want a little extra flavor, drizzle the fish with a bit of fresh lime juice. Optional.
3. Salted Almond Ice Cream
To satisfy your sweet tooth, you can make this three-ingredient, no-churn, salted almond ice cream. Like many paleo desserts, this wonderful dessert uses bananas for the base of an excellent and mouth-watering treat.
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted seed or nut butter (preferably creamy almond butter)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Using a food processor, place the frozen, peeled bananas in the device at low or medium speed. Allow the machine to chop the ingredients.
- Add half or all of the almond butter and salt to the processor and continue mixing. Allow the processor to mix the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- If you only put in half of the ingredients, now is the time to mix in the remaining half with a spatula. Use the spatula to mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- The recipe serves four. You can keep any leftovers in the freezer for up to three weeks.
There is a cornucopia of recipes and flavors out there if you just look, and not all of the recipes have to be complicated with tons of ingredients. Have you found any other three to five-ingredient recipes you'd like to share? Comment below.